Another WINTER specialty is the revamp of worn-out screw compressor packages, where the compressor lifetime is over but the rest of the equipment (Base Frame, Oil Separator, Oil Cooler, etc.) is still usable for the next decades. WINTER replaces the compressor with an equivalent brand new HOWDEN Compressors model and modifies the skid in a way that the new compressor will fit perfectly on the skid and the client can operate such skid for the next complete compressor lifetime. The client’s advantage is to get a compressor skid with a new heart (compressor) but with a much lower investment compared to a completely newly built screw compressor skid.
Retrofitted Screw Compressor Package
WINTER retrofitted screw compressor package refers to an existing compressor unit that has been upgraded or modified with new components to improve its performance or extend its useful life. This type of upgrade can be a cost-effective alternative to purchasing a new compressor unit.
The retrofit process may involve replacing components such as the compressor rotors, bearings, and seals, as well as adding new components such as variable speed drives (VSDs) or control systems. The components are carefully selected based on the existing compressor’s specifications and the intended application.
The benefits of a retrofitted screw compressor package may include:
- Improved performance: The retrofit can improve the compressor’s efficiency and capacity, resulting in lower energy consumption and increased production output.
- Longer service life: By upgrading the components, the compressor can operate more reliably and for a longer time, reducing the need for costly replacements.
- Reduced maintenance: The new components may require less frequent maintenance and repair, reducing downtime and costs.
- Enhanced safety: The retrofit can also include safety upgrades such as better ventilation and exhaust systems or improved safety controls.
Here are some additional points about retrofitted screw compressor packages:
- Customization: Retrofitted screw compressor packages can be customized to fit the specific needs of the application, allowing for a tailored solution that maximizes performance and efficiency.
- Compatibility: The retrofit process must ensure that the new components are compatible with the existing compressor unit, as well as with other equipment in the system.
- Cost-effectiveness: Retrofitting a screw compressor package can be a cost-effective option compared to purchasing a new unit, especially when the existing compressor is still in good condition and has a high potential for improvement.
- Environmental benefits: Upgrading an existing compressor unit can also have environmental benefits, as improved efficiency and reduced energy consumption can lower greenhouse gas emissions and reduce the carbon footprint of the operation.
- Maintenance requirements: It’s important to keep in mind that while retrofitting a screw compressor package can reduce maintenance requirements, it’s still essential to follow a regular maintenance schedule to ensure that the compressor continues to operate efficiently and reliably.
- Retrofitting options: There are different options for retrofitting a screw compressor package, ranging from minor upgrades to major overhauls. The best option depends on the condition of the existing unit, the intended application, and the available budget.
Overall, retrofitting a screw compressor package can be an effective way to improve the performance and extend the life of an existing compressor unit, providing a cost-effective and customized solution for industrial applications.
- Compact Compressor Power Pack (Marine)
- Compact Industrial Water-Chiller / Water-Glycol-Chiller
- Compact Industrial Refrigeration Package (Single- or multiple compressors)
- CO2 Refrigeration System
- Cascade Refrigeration System (NH3/CO2)
- Hybrid Refrigeration System (NH3/CO2 Liquefaction)
- Ice Flake Skid