Power and energy refrigeration refers to the use of refrigeration systems in the power and energy industry for various applications, including power generation, energy storage, and industrial cooling. These refrigeration systems are designed to cool process streams, equipment, and fluids to improve efficiency, reliability, and performance.
WINTER products and packages are useful and in operation for a long period within the Power & Energy Industry as well. Once the existing turbine becomes short in capacity during the peak of summer, the WINTER TIAC-Chiller (Turbine Inlet Air Cooling) will provide a suitable solution in order to cool down the inlet air of the turbine and therefore increase the turbine power output. Such a WINTER TIAC-Chiller can be designed with ammonia (R717) as well as with all other refrigerants according to the client’s requirement.
A special WINTER-designed software ensures a very detailed result for the required cooling period in order to determine the optimized WINTER TIAC-Chiller capacity. With the additional installation of thermal storage (TES Tank) or thermal ice storage, the efficiency of the WINTER TIAC-Chiller can be increased significantly and the size of the required WINTER TIAC-Chiller can be reduced drastically. All of the WINTER packages are designed according to the international standards API, ASME, PED, AD 2000, GOST, etc
Power & Energy Refrigeration
- WINTER Power and energy refrigeration refer to the use of refrigeration systems in the power and energy industry for various applications, including power generation, energy storage, and industrial cooling. These refrigeration systems are designed to cool process streams, equipment, and fluids to improve efficiency, reliability, and performance.
- Power generation involves the use of refrigeration systems in various applications, such as cooling the steam in a power plant’s steam turbine condenser, cooling the water used for cooling purposes in a thermal power plant, and cooling the air in gas turbines to increase efficiency. Refrigeration systems can also be used in energy storage applications, such as cooling the fluids used in compressed air energy storage systems.
- Industrial cooling is another application of power and energy refrigeration, which involves the use of refrigeration systems to cool industrial processes, equipment, and buildings. Refrigeration systems can be used to cool process streams in various industries, such as food and beverage processing, chemical manufacturing, and pharmaceuticals.
- The design and implementation of refrigeration systems for power and energy applications require specialized knowledge and expertise in refrigeration engineering, mechanical engineering, and electrical engineering. The systems must be designed to meet specific requirements for cooling capacity, energy efficiency, reliability, and safety. Compliance with industry standards and regulations is also a critical aspect of refrigeration system design and operation in the power and energy industry.
- WINTER is a global engineering company that provides a wide range of industrial products and services, including compressors for the power and energy industry. WINTER offers a range of compressor solutions that are specifically designed and engineered to meet the unique requirements of power and energy applications, including centrifugal compressors, screw compressors, and reciprocating compressors.
- WINTER offers HOWDEN compressors for power and energy compressors that are designed to deliver high efficiency, reliability, and performance in demanding applications. These compressors can be used for various applications, such as cooling steam in a power plant’s steam turbine condenser, providing compressed air for energy storage, and cooling process streams in various industries.
- Turbine Inlet Air Cooling Chiller (TIAC-Chiller) Power and Energy Industry
- Thermal Storage Tank (TES Tank)
- Thermal Ice Storage